SDBM_241354

Note: This entry records a mention or observation of a manuscript in a source. Do not assume that the manuscript is held by the University of Pennsylvania Libraries.

This entry has been identified as belonging to manuscript record SDBM_MS_3897, which has 5 entries in the SDBM.

This entry supercedes the following deprecated Entry: SDBM_58645.

Do you have additional information about the manuscript described here? Create A Personal Observation

Source
Source 1937 - Plimpton, George A. (George Arthur), 1855-1936 - Census of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the United States and Canada, vol. II (S. De Ricci) (Collection Catalog)
Cat./Lot # 99
Manuscript Details
Titles De Officiis
Epistolae Lentuli et Pilati de Christo
letter to the king of Cyprus commending Rolandus de Campofregoso
letter to the Doge of Genoa
poem on Latin grammar
treatise on Latin quantities
Authors Cicero, Marcus Tullius (106-43 BC) (recorded as Cicero)
Manuscript Dates late XIVth c. (1376 to 1401)
Materials Parchment
Places Italy (recorded as Italy)
Folios 48 Lines Columns
Height 290 Width 220 Alt Size
Binding XVIIIth c. Italian calf.
Other Info

Name of scribe erased. Belonged in 1462 to a person (or community?) connected with the monastery of Santo Spirito at Bergamo and with the Doge of Genoa [Pascaligo?]. Given 27 Sept. 1473 to the monastery of Saint ... sito in Burgo novo.

Provenance Information
ca. 1440 (Associated) Bonus, Leonardus (as Leonardus Bonus quondam Inghirami)
1859-03-28 (End) Libri, Guillaume, 1803-1869 (as G. Libri)
His sale, London, 28 March 1859, n. 248, to Sir T. Phillipps.
1859-03-28 (Start) 1908 (End) Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872 (as Sir T. Phillipps)
N. 16921. His sale, London, 1908, n. 181, to P. M. Barnard.
1908 (Start) Barnard, P. M. (as P. M. Barnard)
(No Date) Swann, A. (as A. Swann)
1909-12-14 (End) Anderson Galleries, Inc. (as Anderson)
Sale, New York, 14 Dec. 1909, n. 410, to Plimpton.
1909-12-14 (Start) 1936 (End) Plimpton, George A. (George Arthur), 1855-1936 (as George A. Plimpton)
Acquired at Anderson sale, 14 Dec. 1909.
1936 (Start) 1937 (Associated) Columbia University (as Columbia University)
Given by George A. Plimpton to Columbia University.
About This Entry Record
Created by cbachman on 2017-08-23 9:42am
Last Updated by cbachman on 2017-08-23 10:07:35 -0400
Editors cbachman
User Groups
This entry is not being worked on by any user groups at the moment.